NYS DCJS General Topics & Armed Guard Instructor
Daniel P. King protected his city as a highly decorated Detective from NYPD’s prestigious Intelligence Division. He served his country as a Master at Arms in the U.S. Navy Reserve and earned a degree in Criminal Justice from St John’s University. Upon retiring from the Governmental arena, he took all the special skills he acquired and brought them to the private sector. There he worked for Fortune 500 Companies as a Corporate Investigator, Manager of Peace Officers and an Executive Protection Agent. He even traveled abroad with his unique skill sets to the Middle East as a Law Enforcement Professional. He is qualified as an Adjunct Instructor to teach and evaluate Law Enforcement & NYS DCJS Certified Security Instructors.
Other Certifications and Qualifications:
- Law Enforcement Officers Security Act (LEOSA/HR 218-1132 Per 18 USC Sec. 926(C)): Nationally certified right to carry firearms.
- Department Of Homeland Security: Transportation Security Administration Certified Armed Security Officer (ASO).
- Department Of Homeland Security: Transportation Security Administration Authorized Ground Screening Coordinator (GSC).
- New York State: Certified General Topics, Firearms/Defensive Tactics Instructor and Instructor Evaluator.
- New York State: Certified Armed Guard.
- Department of Homeland Security TWIC card holder.
- Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI): Certified Open Water Diver.
- Department of State Certified: Worldwide Protection Services – Guard Course.
- Pennsylvania: Emergency Vehicle Obstacle Course (EVOC).
- Red Cross: First Responder-CPR/AED certified.
- New York State: Defensive Driving Course